April 19, 2013

Bunard's Story


Bunard Spivey was born and raised in Houston. Bunard has been blind since he was 9 years old. He has spent 40 years in the same apartment. He raised 3 children in Houston but rarely sees them because they do not live close by. “They live in no man’s land,” he said, but they still keep in touch by talking to each other on the phone. Bunard receives weekend meals and greatly appreciates it. “It’s very helpful for me.” Since Bunard is blind he cannot cook, so the meals go a long way for him.

With Meals on Wheels Bunard gets the exact meals that are perfect for his diet. “I like the meals with all the vegetables.” His appreciation for the meals and Meals on Wheels are close to beyond words. “I love them! I love them! I love them!” he said. Bunard rely heavily on these meals. “I can’t do without it, you are good and kind people. Seniors wouldn’t have nothing. It’s a blessing what y’all doing for us.”

No comments: