April 19, 2013

Mayors For Meals



On March 22, Mayor Annise Parker joined Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston's Meals on Wheels to deliver meals to home-bound seniors in Houston. Mayor Parker joined thousands of other mayors and elected officials across the nation as they took part in 'Mayors for Meals' a national campaign to help raise awareness about senior hunger.

Ninety-six year-old Lurline is one of the seniors that Mayor Parker visited for Mayors For Meals. "I'm unable to cook," she said, "the food is real good, I love it."


Another senior Mayor Parker visited was Alice. "My meals are healthy," Alice said, "The meals help me out a lot, I can’t do too much cooking. I am on oxygen, I get short of breath."

Johnnie loves the meals and everyone who delivers the food. "They are beautiful.Very nice people. No complaints, I greet them with a smile and they greet me with a smile," she said. 

To learn more about Meals on Wheels and our other programs visit us at imgh.org. You can view more pictures from this event at our flickr page.

No comments: