December 13, 2012

Lynda's Story

Lynda has been receiving Meals on Wheels for “quite a while now – I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed anymore!” Lynda loves the service, and says that it gives “structure and consistency to these days.”The death of Lynda’s husband almost five years ago was “quite a blow” to her, and she freely admits to getting lonely without him. “They keep saying that it gets easier, but that hasn’t been my experience.”

Lynda suffers from scoliosis and arthritis and spends most of her day in her recliner. Standing unaided for more than a few minutes is extremely difficult and renders cooking almost impossible. She enjoys her delivered meals and is “so grateful” that a service like Meals on Wheels exists. “If y’all didn’t come to my door every day, I have no idea what I would be eating, or if I’d even be living still. It’s nice to know that y’all are looking out for me.” 

Each day Meals on Wheels for Greater Houston delivers 4,500 hot meals to homebound seniors in Houston.  If you pledge to help seniors like Lynda during the holiday season, you gift will double. Shell Oil Company and Motiva Enterprises LLC have generously agreed to match every dollar given during the holiday season up to $50,000.  That means you have twice the power to help hungry seniors in Houston. Won’t you give today? DONATE HERE.

A United Way Agency




No comments: